Monday, August 2, 2010

Big Week...

This week is one that we have been waiting for...not so patiently I might add. I don't remember praying for patience, but oh the opportunities I am getting through this process to be patient.

Wednesday we meet with Dr Maynord for our complete physicals/bloodwork, etc to make sure we are healthy enough to adopt. I am praying for no surprises. After the background check issue I am not saying anything should be easy. But there is great comfort in knowing God is in control of the glitches that come up, and every 'surprise' to us is never a surprise to Him. We will also go over a few of the Special Needs we have been praying about. We are adopting a Special Needs child. SN in China is very different than SN here, but we want to make sure we have a good understanding of the SN we say that we are willing to address in our little girl.

Friday will be our last home study visit with Anne. She will interview Darren and me separately and then us both together. I can't even begin to describe how important this is! Once she finishes the report, we will be able to apply for our I800 form (I can't explain to you what this is yet...it has something to do with immigration...I hope to get a better understanding Friday) and get fingerprinted! YAY! Then, we start the process of getting every document notorized, certified and authenticated. It's complicated...but it has to be done. It will take us several months to get this done, but once it is done then we will be DTC (Dossier to China)! I think I will throw a party...or go to Disney World at that point.

Darren and I will be sharing how God led us to this call on our lives August 15th at 6pm at Central. I am excited about sharing what God has done so far in this incredible, life changing journey. Although it is one of the most challenging decisions we have ever made, it is absolutely the most fulfilling decision we have made as a couple...mainly because we KNOW God is in it, around it, all over it. I am head over heels in love with Him, y'all...He has brought us both to a new relational level with Him and I am relishing in it. I wish everyone could experience this feeling. I know one thing. I wouldn't be at this place had I let my fear stop me. Why do we let our fear stop us from leaping into the unknown? I have been guilty of this so many times, but this time I knew God was telling us this is the way to go. I could have let fear stop me. I still could. But I won't. There is a little girl in China whose life is depending upon what we do right now. I can't let the fear of flying, the frustration of paperwork, the financial stress stop me. And God has made it pretty clear that I can trust in Him to pull off the miraculous in this situation. God never stopped performing miracles...we stopped believing in them. Not anymore. This chick is trusting Him for everything He has for me. I will do what I can (and try not to complain...especially about the paperwork) and believe Him to do what I can't. Sounds like a win/win situation to me!

Thanks again for all of your encouraging words and most of all for your prayers. What a blessing to have friends like y'all! We really do love you and are thankful that you are a part of our lives.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the prayers for us! We are praying for you all as well. We applied on 8/29/09 and I can't tell you how fast and slow the year has gone!! You will be waiting for TA before you know it. God has been so good through this process for us and I know he will do the same for you!!! Blessings, Melanie and Dexter

    ReplyDelete