Monday, June 13, 2011

Waiting for LOA

Well, I still can't believe that we are in the big LOA wait. For the past year or so, we have wondered if we would ever get to this point...and now we are! I am so excited about being in between the LOI and LOA that I really can't complain. I hope I can say that on day 32, 63, or even 85. There's no telling how long this will take, but in the meantime...I'm happy to be here...day 13.

So let me explain what all this means. LOI is the letter of intent we sent to China to adopt Tao NuanNuan(her given name at the orphanage. Tao is the surname the orphanage gave to all the babies in 2010 and NuanNuan means gentle, kind and warm).
Now, we wait for China to go through our dossier and issue our letter of acceptance, which is referred to as the LOA. This could take anywhere from 30-100 days. On average, it's about two months. So, that's where we are at. On day 13. God has given us both such a sense of peace and a truckload of grace to live in the wait. I am so thankful for Him...He gives us what we need right when we need it. After LOA, we apply for 1800, which is the visa to bring our girl home! Our wait from LOA to travel is about 80 days. But we will cross that bridge when we get there.

Thank you from the bottom of our giddy hearts for all of your kind comments and prayers. We are saving them all for Sophia and I know one day she will cherish every post made in celebration of her!

1 comment:

  1. MARGY, ohhhhhh my GOODNESS!! I am just now catching up - SO HAPPY FOR YOUR FAMILY!!! Congratulations!!! Wow, you must be over the moon excited!! Can't wait to read more about her when you can share! Ohhh, so ecstatic for you, I am practically jumping through the monitor to {{{hug}}} you!

    ReplyDelete