Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A Greater Yes

I love being a backup singer. It's my favorite way to worship God on a platform. Being a backup singer takes all the pressure off and allows me to just enjoy the song and really get into the words, music, and harmony of it all. Dear husband and I will be backup singers to one of our favorite talents at CBC Sunday. We are singing the song, "A Greater Yes". I've been going over and over it, trying to get that harmony part down ( it's not as easy as it sounds). I usually hum along, not paying much attention to the words and once I get the part, I write the words out. Here's the chorus...

You'll never pray a prayer your Father will not answer
He can't ignore His child's earnest request
So while you're waiting and believing for what you thought was best
Trust God if He says no you're still blessed
There must be a greater yes

Wow. What beautiful words. And it's so very, very true, especially in our lives. When we had the miscarriage two years ago, I was stunned. I understand medically why it happened, but I also know if God had wanted us to go to term with our baby, we would have. God had said no. It's hard to trust when you want something so bad and it doesn't happen. But He knew He had a greater yes for us. Two years ago I would not have believed we'd be where we are right now...getting ready to fly half way around the world and change a little girl's life just like she will change ours. He did indeed have a greater yes for us and for her...we had to trust and believe that He knew what we didn't. Things didn't work out the way we thought they would, but in my heart I know they've worked out exactly the way God wanted it to. Sometimes whats on His mind is a better plan, another way, a greater yes...

No comments:

Post a Comment