Thursday, August 9, 2012

It Was

one of those rare mornings that I was able to get up before Sophie today and have some time on the porch with Jesus. BC (before China), one of my favorite things to do was to sit on the porch with my cup of coffee and just talk to Him. Nowadays that rarely happens. But today I was able to spend some time in His Word and just as I was about to put down the Bible and talk to Him, I heard a cry from the monitor and I knew my quality time with Him had come to an end. I went upstairs and got my little girl and thought, 'why not take her with me to finish up my time with Jesus? I'm sure He'll understand if I have to stop and play." So, I grabbed my coffee and her juice and outside we went. I told her we were going to talk to Jesus and that this time we could keep our eyes open. She grinned that cute little grin she has and started playing on the porch and I started to pray. Here's exactly how it went. I said, "Jesus, help us to have a good day today. Help Mommy to be patient, kind and loving to Sophia ..." and before I could get another word out she stops playing and turns to me and says, "AMEN!" I laughed so hard I cried. And I'm pretty sure Jesus was laughing with me too!

No comments:

Post a Comment