Friday, July 8, 2016

#1000 Gifts

Not too long ago, I read "One Thousand Gifts" by Ann Voskamp. Life changer. Ever since then, I have been numbering the gifts in a journal. Gifts that come from Him. I have several journals around the house. I am crazy about it...searching for, looking out for and waiting for the gift of the moment. Tonight, it happened in a big kinda way. And I wanted to write about it. Truth is, I haven't been able to write about our second adoption. I am not sure why... but I have wanted to. And at some point I will tell Isaac's story. But for now, I want to reintroduce myself to this blog with an Eucharisteo moment... #425 the sounds of the hammer...in Isaac's room. Little does he know there's a mom, dad and big sister working like crazy to get ready for him. Yes its stressful and yes it's hard. But there's a gnawing in me that keeps pushing me thru. I love that kid. And the hammering is soothing to me for some odd reason. I pause and take it all in. The sounds of Sophia helping her dad. WCKB playing in the background. Trash from the curtain rod package all over the floor. And love. Lots of love oozing from somewhere deep within, filling up the air. It's a gift to me on this July evening...that hammer. And I can't help but think of another hammer that drove those nails thru beloved hands. For me.

No comments:

Post a Comment