Sunday, September 5, 2010

Turn Down the Noise

Inside my head! Sometimes, if I can just get somewhere and get quiet, I will eventually hear from God. Turning down the 'noise' in my head is hard to do. Without going into a whole lot of detail...this week has been HARD. We have faced the biggest challenge with our journey to our little girl this week. I have not slept, I have not eaten well (which I lost 3 lbs, so there's the silver lining), I have been ill as a hornet, etc. Not until yesterday, though, did I realize that God didn't put me there. I did. In the midst of making this huge decision, I made it worse. It's like I was Jonah...remember him...the guy who ran the other way and was swallowed by the whale? That's me. This week I have been 'in the whale's belly'. But you know what is so great about my Abba Father? He was there, too. Holding me, encouraging me, soothing me, reminding me all the while that if I could just muster up a little bit of faith, He would get me out of that belly. To be honest, that is about all I had...a little bit of faith. But that is all it took. In the 'belly' I got quiet, and eventually, I heard Him! We got our answer...it wasn't the one we thought it would be, and that is why I had such a hard time with it, but it was what He wanted.
This is another account I can add to my rod and staff moments...it will serve as another great reminder of what my God has done. He stuns me...even in the whale's belly.

I want to thank those of you who have been praying for us this week. You don't know what we've been through, but God led you to pray for us, and I have felt your prayers. I am so glad to be a part of this great big family of God!

2 comments: